Find work with us 🤩
Our vision is for Petal to become the goto place to find talented elixir/phoenix devs.
We’re on a mission to connect our network of developers with the best minds and companies from around the globe. The goal is to create an exclusive network of elixir devs and help them gain access to top companies, a community of experts, and resources that can help accelerate their career.
What we’re looking for 👀
- Help the Petal team improve Petal Pro & Petal Components
- Must be at a senior level (5-10 years experience developing web applications) and have a passion for Elixir and the ecosystem
- Meet 1-2 times per week to discuss ideas about how to implement new functionality for Petal products + come up with ideas to improve current functionality
- Must be reliable and flexible - minimum 1-5 hours a week (will vary week to week - scope for more hours if things are going well)
- We will have real world client projects on the go that will be using Petal - there is the potential to dip into these projects if you want more billable hours
- Must share our vision of making Phoenix + Petal the most popular web app framework on the planet
- Location: Earth somewhere
Vetting process ✅
The vetting process will look something like below:
- Round 1 - Video interview - quick video chat to see if our goals align.
- Round 2 - Coding challenge - we provide real-world scenarios for candidates to demonstrate their competence, professionalism, thoroughness, and integrity.
- Round 3 - Test tasks for us - we will delegate some small Petal tasks to make sure we’re a good fit.
Apply to work for us 📧
If you’ve made it this far and are still interested, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the following:
- Tell us about your background and work history.
- Why do you want to work as a freelancer for Petal?
- What elements of development are you most passionate about?
- Please provide a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Our culture and values ❤️
Meaningful work 😄
Work shouldn’t just be trading time for money. The line between work and life should be less clearly defined. You should enjoy and derive a sense of meaning and progress from your work. We encourage you to find the bits of work you find meaningful and work on that so you feel great every day while “working”.
We understand that brilliant people hate rules and shackles and desire freedom to work in their own way. Everfree (our parent company) is built on the premise of being “forever free”, this is at the very core of who we are and every decision we make.
Thinking big 🤔
Usually people expand to the height of their expectations and goals. Here we aim to be the best in the world at what we do. We envision Petal Pro becoming the worlds leading web application framework. Petal will be one of the most desired places to work for any Elixir developer (or web developer).
Great people 👨🦰👩🏻🦰
We hire only the best. Make it in, and you’ll be working with some of the best minds in the business. We understand that “A” people attract “A” people.
We’ve never taken a drop of investment and so have no investors to pull the plug on us. We have plans to create other revenue streams to protect us from any big market shocks. We’re placing big bets on Elixir and Phoenix growing in popularity (something we plan to contribute to and support!).
100 percent of our employees have spent time either volunteering or contributing to open source. We started this business to change the world of web application development. Profits come second. As a result we will devote our time and attention to causes that may not bring in short-term profits, but might result in positive change for the Elixir ecosystem.
We understand that great people dream of starting their own companies. We help you attain this dream. We provide training and mentorship to help you grow. We respect entrepreneurship.
We understand things come up in life (we’re all human) that cause you to delay or miss deadlines, but we expect that you are generally reliable, accountable and dependable.
We are looking for effective communicators that can exchange ideas, thoughts, opinions, knowledge, and can establish a good rapport and connection with the Client. We expect that you are an active listener and keep Clients up to speed with progress and/or delays.
If you’re not having fun, what’s the point? We believe that work should be fun and people should look forward to going to work each day. That’s not to say we’re not a disciplined, we’re a well-oiled engine of productivity and growth, but we also believe this shouldn’t come at the cost of painful or unenjoyable experiences.