Stripe membership functionality
It would be great to have the ability to take membership payments from users/members out of the box. This would complete the experience from sign up to purchase.
- Stripe integration - can buy subscriptions and manage them - support for both individuals and orgs
- Use styler for code formatting
- Updated landing page components to a more modern look
- Use bandit instead of cowboy (4x faster)
- Lots of small changes
- Fix bug where users registering via passwordless / 3rd parties would not get invites to orgs
- Important passwordless security fix - anyone using passwordless should update
- Update deps
Avatar/photo uploads with Cloudinary
Implement user avatars and store them on Cloudinary (cloudinary.com) - a storage service that allows you to resize/modify images simply by altering the URL. This means you don't need to use a tool like ImageMagick to resize/crop/compress your images.
Add the ability to "impersonate" another a user in the application as a super admin. (ex: (ex: https://github.com/ankane/pretender)) This would allow the developer to debug and trouble shoot production issues more easily.
LiveView file uploads - store in Amazon S3
Give an example of a file upload using LiveView and S3.
- <.image_upload> component for uploading single images like avatars. Used in user settings
- Local, Cloudinary and S3 support for <.image_upload>
- User impersonation - admins can login as any user without knowing their password - available via the Admin console (under the User menu).
- All forms now use the new FormField structure
- <.public_layout> has been moved into public.html.heex (it’s likely you’ll want to modify this to your brand and hence a component doesn’t make sense)
- Reset password page now accessible when logged in (previously would redirect)
- Page builder (it was getting too complex to manage - let us know if you used this a lot and we’ll consider bringing it back)
A combobox component
A combination of a search and select input implemented in a live view. See https://tailwindui.com/components/application-ui/forms/comboboxes.
petal_frameworkprivate package (deletes all the
_petal_frameworkfolders). This will allow for an easier upgrade process in the future, especially for components like the data table.
Data Table supports
base_url_params. Keep custom query params when changing sort order.
- Data Table is now self contained in the live view - code isn’t scattered across the model and context.
mix recodefor code linting and refactoring
<.flash_group>to show flash messages (Petal Framework 0.3.0)
Enabled Wallaby tests by default (
- Updated Tailwind to 3.3
- Updated Erlang to 25.3
rename_projectlib to replace custom mix task
- Data table API has changed slightly. See our docs https://petal.build/components/data-table on how to use
- Data table going blank when changing page size
Navigation problems for the Data Table when setting the
default_limitvia a schema file
- Fix Finch issue with email sending
- Develop Petal Pro in GitHub CodeSpaces!
- Data Table column - can now filter by a select list
- Data Table column - can now filter by a float
- topbar.js version updated to 2.0
- mix setup no longer fetches tailwind/esbuild if they already exist
- Upgrade Petal Components to 1.0
- Data Table is now a function component
- Github auth working again
Convert all auth pages to live view
Convert sign up and register pages to live view.
Upgrade to Phoenix 1.7
Upgrade Petal Pro to Phoenix 1.7
- Upgraded Phoenix to 1.7
- Routes use the new verified routes
- Authentication pages converted to live views
- Upgraded fully from Hericons v1 to v2
petal.gen.livenow uses the Data Table component
- Tesla now uses the more secure Finch over Hackney (https://github.com/petalframework/petal_pro/issues/66)
- Confirmation page will redirect to org invitations if invitation exists (https://github.com/petalframework/petal_pro/issues/68)
- Removed Petal Enhance (it was more complex than we thought)
/app/orgsif an invalid org slug is used (https://github.com/petalframework/petal_pro/issues/70)
When editing user via
patch_back_to_indexno longer crashes (https://github.com/petalframework/petal_pro/issues/61)
- Always show Data Table filters (https://github.com/petalframework/petal_pro/issues/60)
Improved upgrade process
Make it possible (if possible) to upgrade Petal versions more easily, then make the service a subscription, so we can continue to get the benefits in our apps. I know this would be hard, but as a solo developer, being able to leverage the improvements in Petal would be huge.
A component that gives you a sortable, filterable and paginated table out of the box.
Set/show times in a users local time zone
- Updated to LiveView 0.18 + Petal Components 0.18
- All components updated with declarative assigns (attr / slot)
- Data table component
- Local time component
- Sobelow for security checking
- Coveralls for code test coverage
- test.yml Github action for code quality
- Easily modifiable content security policy to help prevent XSS
- Added a docker-compose.yaml that adds Postgres so you don’t need to install it
- Router significantly more streamlined
- Some routes have been moved into their own files: AdminRoutes, AuthRoutes, DevRoutes, MailblusterRoutes
- Users are forced to be confirmed to access /app routes (easily configurable)
- Use Ecto enums for org roles
- Fix reset password failing when signed in
- Clean up dashboard_live.ex - some old code unused was left in there
- Improved SEO meta tags in _head.html.eex
- Show a warning in the logs when no title/meta_desciprion is set on a public page
open-graph.png(to be replaced by dev)
- Fix require_confirmed_user plug
- Fix landing page GSAP not working
It's pretty easy to set up the app to use UUID by default for ids and foreign keys, however, there are places in the code that break, for example, HashId. I'm removing the HashId.encode/decodes but I'm not sure if that is "safe"? It'd be nice if the code supported UUID or ints in these places out of the box. What I've found so far: 1. HashId 2. Passing the ID into an Echo Query (user_id = user_id |> Ecto.UUID.dump!())
Add 2FA layer to the auth login flow
Add an optional 2FA layer (using nimble_totp?) to the auth login flow, so people can opt to use the 2FA app of their choice (Google Authenticator, Authy, LastPass, etc.).
- Two-factor authentication using time-based one time passwords (paired with something like Google Authenticator)
- Decoupled DashboardLive from Orgs so you can get started quicker if you don’t want orgs
- Can pass a custom header class to the public layout
- Sidebar and stacked layouts now support grouped menu items (see dev_layout_component.ex for an example)
- Update Tailwind to 3.1
- Split CSS into different files thanks to Tailwind 3.1
- Onboarding now remembers user_return_to
- Fixed nav dropdown bug after modal toggle
- Fixed gettext in live views
Multi-org schema: Org <- OrgsUsers -> Users
A common practice is to have a personal account but then also be a part of an organisation or company. - organisation schema - an org can have multiple users - a user can have an admin role in the org - org admins can invite more users, or remove them - an org can have a Stripe payment method
A user can register/sign in with just their email address - they get sent a 4 digit code to enter.
Oauth2 SSO social logins like Google / Facebook / Apple
Handy for easy sign up/log in
Add petal.gen.html generator
It would be great to add a petal.gen.html generator to generate controller, views, and context for an HTML resource using Petal Components. Petal Components can be used in regular HEEx templates and not everything should be a LiveView.
- Login with Google & Github - easy to add more auth providers
- Passwordless auth - register/sign in via a code sent to your email
- Orgs - create an org, invite & manage members, and more
- User lifecycle actions - run code after actions like register, sign_in, sign_out, password_reset, etc
- New generator: mix petal.gen.html (same args as phx.gen.html)
- New component: <.markdown content=””> & <.pretty_markdown content=””> (uses Tailwind Typography plugin)
- Added License and Privacy pages (with some content from a template to get you started)
- New layout: <.layout type=”public”>, for public marketing related pages like landing, about us, privacy, etc
- Hooks can now be run in dead views if compatible (see color-scheme-hook.js as an example)
Simpler config access (
- Refactor <.layout> to take less props
- Refactor dark/light mode system. Much simpler now and no longer needs cookies
- Put Petal Pro Components in their own folder for easier future upgrades (can duplicate if you want to modify them)
- Sidebar and stacked layout have a new slot for the top right corner (if you want to add something like a notifications bell)
- Log metadata wasn’t being cast
- More user actions are logged
- Fixed petal.live generator tests
- Added tests for user settings live views
- Bump Oban version to stop random error showing
- Bump Petal Components
- Use new <.table> component in petal.gen.live generator & logs
- Dark mode persists on all pages with cookies
- Fix logo showing twice in emails
- Improved the Fly.io deploy flow
- Fix admin user search
- Remove guide (this is now online)
A Petal version of phx.gen.live
Same as phx.gen.live but the templates output uses Petal Pro's layouts and the form components from Petal Components
Make LiveView feel faster with a delayed loading indicator
As described in this blog article: https://fly.io/phoenix-files/make-your-liveview-feel-faster/
Use gettext in non-admin areas.
Allow instant deployments to Fly.io
Add a working dockerfile and ensure all the config is correct for fly.io deployments right off the bat
Make it easy to create background jobs with the state saved in your db