Monthly Wrap Up - October
For Petal Pro we released the new Declarative Assigns & slots and also upgraded Heroicons to v2. Petal Enhance starts to take shape & more!
1 year ago
- Released the new Declarative Assigns & slots for Petal Pro 🚀
- Upgraded Heroicons to v2
- Started a new client project (EdgeGuides https://www.edgeguides.com.au/) - a social camping web app, which is built using Petal Components and Petal Pro
- Started updating Petal Components to the new Declarative Assigns
- Petal Enhance taking shape
- Matt’s Petal Assist sessions still ongoing
A few minor updates and improvements this month for Petal Pro as we shift our focus to Petal Enhance to get that launched. You can read last months blog to find out more about Petal Enhance and the exciting developments around that. The major updates for Petal Pro were that we released the new Declarative Assigns & slots and also upgraded Heroicons to v2.
We also started a new client project, EdgeGuides - a social camping web app, which is built using Petal Components and Petal Pro. This may explain some slow down, so we apologize in advance if items on the roadmap aren’t checked off as quickly as you might have expected.
We feel like this combination of using Petal to build client projects and test it in the wild and bringing some of that functionality we build for clients back into Petal, give us a great symbiosis. It’s a case of eating our own dog food and that keeps us intimately connected to the boilerplate and continuing to improve its usefulness, utility and reliability.
- Update org memberships to use ecto enum
- New declarative assigns (use attr & slot instead of assign_new)
- upgrade CI Test run to use elixir 1.14
- Heroicons v2
Fixes and cleanup
- Fix page builder routing
- Fix tests to allow use of Ecto Enum for membership / org roles
- Default to lg max_width
- Fix sidebar layout not highlighting
- Fix credo suggestions
- Highlight code quality tasks in readme
- Remove all references to PetalPro in PetalFramework
- Fix header bg on public layout
- Stick with gray class consistently
- White list google profile pics in CSP
Petal Components received some cleanup and updates, but otherwise, nothing too notable. We continue to ponder how to make the components globally configurable/extendible and will look to implement something hopefully by the end of the year, if not, early next year, when we can find the time to implement something.
Fixes and cleanup
- Bump ex_doc from 0.28.5 to 0.28.6
- Bump heroicons from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1
- Bump phoenix from 1.6.13 to 1.6.14
- Fix green default bg
- Bump phoenix_live_view from 0.18.2 to 0.18.3
Petal enhance is taking shape and we’re deep in development crafting what we think could be the ideal solution. More on that next month!